Definition: Project communications management enables project managers to send the right message to the right people in the best possible way through the best communication channel. Communications are considered the glue that connects project stakeholders.
Tools and methods
- Push communication: send to specific recipients
- Interactive communication: multidirectional exchange
- Pull communication: recipients to access information on their own
Why is it so important?
“Creating, collecting, distributing, storing, and retrieving the ultimate disposition of project information, in accordance with the plan.”
“Monitoring and controlling communications throughout the entire project life cycle to ensure the information needs of the project stakeholders are met.”
- On schedule
- Within budget
- Engagement from stakeholders
- Team members motivation
- Understanding critical points